Topics Map > Media Delivery > Kaltura > MediaSpace > Media Sharing
Kaltura - Time-Based Commenting (UW-Madison)
This tutorial explains how to add a timestamp in the comment section of any media that you are viewing.
While viewing media, you can set a time stamp to jump to certain points of the video in the comment section.
- Locate the time that you would like the timestamp to be set to (for example, 54 seconds)
- Click the "add a comment" field under the media item
- type, "[minute:second]" followed by any comment you have about the media at that point. For example...
"[0:54] I like the reference here!"
- Click the "add" button
Once this has been added to the comments section, you along with other viewers can click on the "[0:54]" (or whatever time you entered) to navigate to that point in the video. You should see something similar to the screenshot below.
- The media item may need to be playing before you use the timestamps in the comments section, or it will appear as if you have just refreshed the page.
- Some videos are slightly off-time, so timestamps may jump to a slightly delayed point in the video. For example, [0:54] may jump to [0:56]