Kaltura MediaSpace playlists allow you to guide your viewers/students through watching media in a particular sequence. There are two types of playlists within Kaltura MediaSpace. For more information on types of playlists, see Kaltura - MediaSpace Standalone Playlists compared to Channel Playlists (UW-Madison). Kaltura has additional documentation on Create and Add Media to a Playlist in MediaSpace and Manage Playlists in MediaSpace. Individual user analytics cannot be gathered from embedded standalone playlists.
Creating standalone playlists
- Launch Chrome or Firefox and go to Kaltura MediaSpace: mediaspace.wisc.edu. If you need more information on how to log in to MediaSpace please see Kaltura - How to Log in to Kaltura MediaSpace (UW-Madison) .
- Click on your name or the person silhouette icon in the upper right corner and click My Media:
- Select the media you would like added to a playlist by clicking the check boxes to the left of each media item in your My Media list.
- Click the Actions button in the upper right corner of you My Media page. Click Add to Playlist:
- In the next screen you can search for a playlist, click Create New Playlist to create a new playlist, or select the checkboxes next to the playlist(s) you want to add the media to:
- After you either create a new playlist or select a previously existing one, click the Add button.
- If you created a playlist you'll see a message at the top in blue indicating it was created successfully and a link to go to edit the playlist. Click the link to go edit the newly created playlist.