Kaltura MediaSpace playlists allow you to guide your viewers/students through watching media in a particular sequence. There are two types of playlists within Kaltura MediaSpace. For more information on types of playlists, see Kaltura - MediaSpace Playlists (UW-Madison). Kaltura has additional documentation on How to create a playlist in MediaSpace and How to manage playlists in MediaSpace.
Creating Regular Playlists
- Launch Chrome or Firefox and go to Kaltura MediaSpace: mediaspace.wisc.edu. If you need more information on how to log in to MediaSpace please see Kaltura - How to Log in to Kaltura MediaSpace (UW-Madison) .
- Click on your name or the person silhouette icon in the upper right corner and click My Media:
- Select the media you would like added to a playlist by clicking the checkboxes to the left of each media item in your My Media list.
- Click the Actions button in the upper right corner of you My Media page. Click Add to Playlist:
- In the next screen you can either create a new playlist or add the media items you selected to a previously existing playlist:
- After you either create a new playlist or select a previously existing one, click the Save button.
- (Optional) You can now click the Go To My Playlists link to see your playlist(s).
- The "My Playlists" page allows you to see, select, and modify your playlists. On this page you can select individual playlists and reorder the media in selected playlists. You can reorder media by hover over the set of six boxes to the left of the media thumbnail:
Clicking on this icon and dragging the media allows you to reorder it in the playlist.
- Click the blue Save Changes button if you do any reordering
Embedding Regular Playlists
This process will show you how to get embed code for your playlists. Embed code can be used in your Learning Management System (LMS) or in your website to display playlists
- Launch Chrome or Firefox and go to Kaltura MediaSpace: mediaspace.wisc.edu.
- Click My Playlists.
- Select the playlist you would like to embed and then click the Embed button - </>:
- Select the playlist options you would like to use.
- Select all of the HTML text in the grey box and click Control-C on Windows or Command-C on OSX to copy the embed code:
This HTML text is your embed code that can be used in your LMS or website.