Students on mobile devices (iOS and Android) who attempt to play Kaltura media that has one of two causes:
- The original video was uploaded at a low resolution (640 x 360 for example) or data rate where Kaltura does not produce a specific mobile version.
- The original video was uploaded during a specific time period: January 12, 2015 - January 26, 2015.
As of 6/12/19 the issue is still present.
If you encounter this issue there are three workarounds:
- View the video in Chrome or Firefox on a computer running Windows or OSX.
- The instructor can upload a version of the video at 1280x720 with a 4000 kb/s data rate which Kaltura will produce a mobile friendly version of. It can either be uploaded as a new video or the instructor can use Kaltura's Replace Media feature to upload the new video into the existing video's entry:
- Select the video that you would like to replace, and then click Actions→Edit.
- Click on the Replace Media tab.
- Click Upload from Desktop.
- Select the replacement video, and then click Save. Kaltura will replace the original problem video with a new video and should produce a mobile version.
- Contact the DoIT Help Desk to report the issue and have it escalated to the Learn@UW team. The Learn@UW team can try to manually produce a mobile friendly version of the problem video.