Topics Map > Learning Analytics & Assessment > AEFIS
AEFIS - Setting an Academic Contact (Admin)
This document describes how to set an academic contact within AEFIS, UW-Madison's digital course evaluation tool. You must be an AEFIS admin in order to set an academic contact.
All UW-Madison departments have an academic contact and a technical contact listed in AEFIS. AEFIS will direct faculty questions about departmental course evaluations to the academic contact. Questions about technical problems with AEFIS will be directed to the technical contact.
By default, the Learn@UW-Madison service team is listed as both the technical contact and academic contact for each department. AEFIS department admins should update their academic contact information to make sure that faculty questions are routed correctly.
For most UW-Madison departments, the AEFIS academic contact should be the AEFIS department admin.
Setting an Academic Contact
- Log into AEFIS with your NetID credentials.
- Select the Menu button (three stacked lines) on the left side of the page to open the AEFIS main menu.
- Under the Organizational Hierarchy header, select Departments. (If you are a college admin, select Colleges.)
- The Available Departments page lists all of the departments for which you are an administrator. Find your department and select Manage on the right side of the page.
- Your Department Home page will open. From here you can manage a range of settings and information for your department.
- Select Details from the left menu panel.
- Scroll down to Contact Settings. Confirm that the Academic Contact Settings tab is selected.
- Enter the name and email address of your department or college's Academic Contact.
- Save the page. Your academic contact settings have now been applied.