Generally Learn@UW-Madison does not recommend adding media from YouTube to Kaltura because if the original owner of the YouTube video deletes or makes it private, it will also be unavailable in Kaltura. For more information on how to add YouTube media to Kaltura please see Kaltura's document Add media from YouTube. To add media from YouTube:
- Launch Chrome or Firefox and go to Kaltura MediaSpace: mediaspace.wisc.edu. If you need more information on how to log in to MediaSpace please see Kaltura - How to Log in to Kaltura MediaSpace (UW-Madison) .
- Click Add New and select YouTube from drop-down menu.
- The Kaltura MediaSpace YouTube page is displayed:
- Enter the Video Page Link or the Content ID and click Preview. To obtain the URL, right click on the video in YouTube and copy the URL. Only public YouTube videos are supported
- Enter the relevant information and click Save.
- Go to My Media to see the YouTube media. Click on the media to open and play it or the Edit / pencil button to edit the YouTube entry.