Topics Map > Media Delivery > Engage
Topics Map > LMS > Canvas
Engage - How to access Engage eTexts from previous courses
This document provides instructions to students on how to access eTexts used with the Engage platform in previous courses during their student career at UW-Madison.
During the semester, students can access Engage eTexts by logging into Canvas (canvas.wisc.edu), clicking on a course, and then the Engage eText course navigation link as outlined in Engage - Reading eTexts on Engage.
However, if the semester has ended, and the instructor has restricted access to the course, you may not be able to get to the eText that way. In that instance, UW-Madison has provided the Engage eText Student Access Course. To access eText materials from previous courses:
- Login to Canvas by launching a browser and entering this link in the URL bar: canvas.wisc.edu
- Access the Engage eText Student Access course by entering this link in a browser URL: canvas.wisc.edu/courses/124530
Students can access the course at any time.
- If the icon below the UW-Madison logo shows a key, click it to login to Canvas:
If you're already logged in, you can skip this step and continue to step 4.
- Click Engage eText from the course navigation menu:
Depending on your browser setting, you may need to click the purple Launch Unizin Engage button:
If you have never launched Engage before, you may also need to scroll through and accept the end user license agreement.If you see the text "Oops! There was an error processing your request. Our engineers have been notified.", it is likely that you are not logged into Canvas. Double check that you are logged into Canvas as outlined in step 3.
- By default, you should see the SANDBOX – 101 UW-Madison Sandbox eText Course with a copy of these instructions in it:
- Select the appropriate Termof the course’s eText you want to access from the upper left corner:
Engage will display the Engage eText courses you previously accessed from the term you select. Click on the appropriate eText to access it.