This document provides some basic information about the centrally supported advanced quizzing tool Atomic Assessments, including tips on how to get started using the tool.
Select this link to list all Atomic Assessments documents from the Learn@UW-Madison Knowledgebase at the bottom of this page.
About Atomic Assessments
- Support for over 50 question types including drag and drop, interactive charts and graphs, mathematical text for question stems and answers, and audio student responses.
- Ability to add variables into questions, which increases the number of quiz variations.
- Advanced reporting that includes student responses, question evaluations, and more.
- The ability to create multi-part items that include multiple question types and that can be built on shared data.
- Robust tagging system that can be used to organize, randomly generate assessments and do outcome based reporting.
- The DoIT Help Desk provides instructors, staff and students with free tech support and troubleshooting help by phone, email or chat. Instructors and instructional staff can also request a consultation with an AT Consultant through the DoIT Help Desk.
- Some browser extensions/plug-ins may interfere with Learn@UW tools. If a Learn@UW tool is not operating as expected, please try these steps: General Troubleshooting for Learn@UW Tools
For training information and how to get started with Atomic Assessments, see Atomic Assessments - Getting Started.