Topics Map > Content Authoring > Atomic Assessments
Atomic Assessments - Enabling Atomic Assessments in Canvas
This document describes the steps to enable the Atomic Assessments tool in your course.
Atomic Assessments is available in every Course Guide and sandbox Canvas course, but it is hidden from the left-hand navigation bar by default. Follow the steps outlined below to unhide Atomic Assessments in your course.
Please note that, when enabled, the Atomic Assessments item in the navigation bar is only visible to instructors. Students will not be able to see this navigation bar item.
- Click on Settings in the left navigation bar of your course.
- Once in your course's settings, click the Navigation tab.
- Find Atomic Assessments in the list of hidden items.
- Drag and drop Atomic Assessments into the upper section of enabled course navigation items.
- Alternatively, click on the 3 dots next to Atomic Assessments and select Enable.
- Once Atomic Assessments is enabled, click Save at the bottom of the page.
- Click on Atomic Assessments in the left navigation bar of your course.
- If this is the first time you are enabling Atomic Assessments in Canvas, you will be prompted to authorize the tool. To do this, click the Authorize button.
- You will once again be prompted to authorize the tool. Click Authorize.