Topics Map > Learning Analytics & Assessment > AEFIS
AEFIS - Eval Survey Instance - Double check to make sure courses are assigned evaluations (Admin)
This document describes tasks AEFIS department administrators should complete each semester.
Are Courses Assigned
Please, check the following in Surveys before the start of any course evaluation, and especially for end-of-semester evaluations.
If your department/college has set their AEFIS survey schedule(s) to repeat every semester, then new survey instance should be ready for assigning courses. If not, you will need to create a schedule for this semester. For additional information, see Create a New Survey Schedule.
Once your AEFIS survey schedule is established, continue with these tasks.
- Pending Status: Surveys will say Pending status until the activation date is passed. The status will then change to Active. This date is always at least three days before the survey start date.
- Assign course sections: Confirm you have assigned course sections for course evaluation surveys. In surveys, select +Add a filter and choose Owner then Department, which will show you all surveys you own and have access to assign courses. You may also want to select +Add a filter and choose Term and select the correct term. In your list of surveys, the # Sections column will be populated for all surveys that have course sections assigned. The # Participants column is zero until the day a survey begins. For additional information, see Assigning Course Sections to a Survey
- Deadline for assigning course sections: Remember, Instructors receive an email three days before an evaluation starts, which means that course sections must be assigned a minimum of 4 days before the course evaluation begins.
- Exclude instructors: If your survey template has instructor-type questions, you can exclude instructors that should not be evaluated. For more information, see Excluding Instructors from Questions. NOTE: You do not need to exclude any course section directors (SIS Supervisory Instructor role) because they will not be evaluated.
- Start Date: There are several thing to check once the evaluations start. For more information, see What to Check when the Evaluations Start.