The "Course Evaluation Analysis by Instructor Report" is one of several reports used to compile and analyze students responses to course evaluations. This document explains how to navigate the report options, and how to run and read the resulting report.
AEFIS offers several reports to help compile and organize the responses from course evaluations. For general information about these reports, visit AEFIS - Eval Results - Reports Homepage (Instructor)
Every AEFIS Course Evaluation report has a panel of report parameters similar to the one shown below. The key parameters, and their behavior are outlined here:
Select the semester to be reported (you can select multiple semesters).
Instructors can only see their own evaluations. Most instructors cannot toggle "College".
Instructors can only see their own evaluations. Most instructors cannot toggle "Department".
- This field may be left blank to show all courses in the report.
- It may appear empty, but begin typing the course name to trigger the filter.
- Select from courses that were available during that semester.
- You can select multiple courses or leave blank for all courses.
Instructors can only see their own evaluations. Most instructors cannot toggle "Instructor".
You can select multiple sections or leave blank for all sections.
- Determines whether AEFIS includes free-form text responses in this report.
- Free-form text responses take up large amounts of space in the tabular form.
- For a report that focuses on written responses, see AEFIS - Eval Results - Student Course Evaluation Comments Analysis Report (Instructor) .
You must select a survey, even if only one survey is listed.
Resets all parameters back to default values (useful when you have made several attempts).
Since multiple fields allow you to select multiple items, "resetting" parameters quickly erases all selected options.
This may take several seconds to complete, depending on quantity of data.
The page will refresh with a new view. (See Report Details below.)
This report shows you a general summary on top.
When you scroll down, you will see an area that summarizes the "Metric Questions". Then, another area that summarizes all other questions.
Click the Export button to print this report, or to export to a .pdf, .xlsx or .csv file.