Topics Map > Learning Analytics & Assessment > AEFIS
AEFIS - Assessment Management System Overview
This document is an overview UW-Madison's assessment management system, AEFIS.
What is AEFIS?
The Student Learning Assessment team is led by the Office of the Provost in partnership with DoIT Academic Technology, and has school/college and department partners along with Student Digital Ecosystem partners and units.
AEFIS LLC (Assessment, Evaluation, Feedback & Intervention System) is a web-based assessment management system that facilitates the collection and application of real-time assessment data. For more information visit the Student Learning Assessment site.
Student learning assessment is an integrated, ongoing component of academic life and the student experience at UW-Madison. Key areas include:
- Assessment planning and reporting
- Learning outcomes
- Course syllabi
- Direct evidence of student learning (DESL)
- Course Evaluations
- All of these are either directly or indirectly accessed from with AEFIS.
- To see all of UW-Madison's AEFIS documentation, search AEFIS on the Learn@UW-Madison KB
- For technical questions, please contact the DoIT Help Desk
- If you are an AEFIS department administrator check out the Academic Technology calendar for upcoming AEFIS course evaluation trainings. In-person trainings and Q&As for AEFIS department administrators working with course evaluations are held several times per year.