Checks for many accessibility barriers, including:
- Headings in page structure
- Alternative text for images
- Table headers
- Color contrast
- Video captions
Please note: some items cannot be examined by UDOIT. These include external documents and some videos/audio files for captioning/transcripts. Refer to the Accessible Documents guide, the Accessible Video and Audio Content guide, and Create accessible online course materials for more information on accessibility best practices.
Highlights barriers in the following areas of course:
Scan your course with UDOIT
- Open your Canvas course, and select UDOIT Accessibility Checker
- When selected, UDOIT will automatically scan your course.
- On the Home tab, you can review a list of errors, suggestions, and ways to get started.
- Click each error or suggestion to address it. Your list will update as you address each one.
- The UFIXIT tab displays a list of errors that can be corrected. Click the Review button beside each item to review individually.
- The Files tab displays a list of files in the course, and indicates whether or not they have been reviewed for accessibility.
- Click the three stacked dots in the upper right corner of UDOIT to open a menu where you can view reports, or download results as a PDF.
Resolve Common Errors
Common errors and suggestions are listed on this document from UW-System. These are also displayed in the UDOIT interface.
Contact the DoIT Help Desk for support (Get Help from DoIT)
Additional Support resources from Cidi Labs