Topics Map > Computing > research
Topics Map > Computing > policy

Sponsoring an Undergraduate Student to do research on our servers.

This is how a faculty or staff member can sponsor an undergraduate student to gain access to our research servers.

We ask that undergraduate students have a faculty sponsor before they can use our servers and workstations for their resources.   

There's a form to apply for this sponsorship, available here:

WURC:  Wisconsin Undergrad Research Cluster

We now have 2 servers in a cluster that undergraduate students can login to via SSH and their netid.  With a faculty sponsor, or enrollment in a Math course with computation as part of its syllabus, students will be granted access.  

Need more information?  Please email

Keywords:undergrad, research, servers, sponsoring   Doc ID:114584
Owner:Sara N.Group:UW Math Department
Created:2021-10-29 13:15 CSTUpdated:2021-10-29 13:36 CST
Sites:UW Math Department
Feedback:  0   0