Manifest - Creating New NetIDs (Group Owners)
Manifest allows the creation of NetIDs for people who do not have NetIDs through invitations. Only groups that have been approved by the NetID Data Custodian have this feature enabled. Below are the different ways you can request the ability to invite people to create NetIDs.
Create a New Group
The following steps will tell you how to request the ability to invite people to create NetIDs while creating a new Manifest group.
Log into the Manifest service at https://manifest.services.wisc.edu.
- Groups must be created within a folder. If you do not have privileges to create a group within a folder, you may request a new folder. Refer to Manifest - Request a Manifest Folder.
- Click the Create new group button.
- Select the folder that you want to create the group in from the dropdown list.
- Enter a group name of your choice (32 characters max).
- Enter a brief description of the group.
- Enter the email addresses of the contact people for this group (only one is required but multiple canentered).
- Click Advanced Options to show additional settings.
- Check the Request permission to invite external users (without Net-IDs) box and fillout the questions box below it.
- Click Create Group.
Your group must now be approved by the NetID data custodian; you will not be able to send invitations untilthe approval process has been completed. If approved, you will be notified via email.
Use an Existing Group
The following steps will tell you how to request the ability to invite people to create NetIDs while using an existing Manifest group.
- Log into the Manifest service at https://manifest.services.wisc.edu
- The Groups I Manage and Groups I Administer tabs show the groups that you currently manage. If no groups appear it's because you don't have the privileges on any groups.
- Click on Details by the group to which you're adding members. The page for that group will open.
- Click the Invitations tab. Click the Request Permission button.
- The page will slide down and you can fill out the request box with pertinent information.
- Click Submit Request to submit the request.
Your group must now be approved by the NetID data custodian; you will not be able to send invitations until the approval process has been completed. If approved, you will be notified via email.
Invite members without NetID to your group
Once the group is approved, you will be able invite people without NetIDs to join. To do this, group owners should use the email invitation system to invite members without NetIDs to their group, see Manifest - Send Email Invitations for instructions.
The recipient will receive an email with a link to create their new NetID as outlined in Manifest - Respond to Email Invitations . For more information on when it is appropriate to use this functionality, refer to Manifest - When to Use Spec Pop in Manifest to Create New NetIDs.