Topics Map > Administration > Managing Uses
[ay15-16] Moodle - Adding Instructors or Students
Help document for adding non-rostered participants to a course in Moodle
Instructors may want to grant access to new instructors or students that aren't included on the original roster.
Add a participant to your course
- In your course, look for the Administration block and click Users -> Enrolled users. You will see a list of the participants in your course.
- Click Enroll users in the top or bottom right of the page
- Set the Assign roles menu to the appropriate role. Typical roles are instructor or student. Sometimes TAs are given a Grader role. This allows a TA to see what the instructor sees, but doesn't allow editing of activities within the course.
- Use the Name or NetID search box at the bottom to find the participant's name.
- If you cannot find someone by name, type the NetID into the search box and press Enter. The name should appear.
Change a participant's role
- Locate the participant in the list of enrolled users. Look at the Roles column for that participant.
- Click the X after that role that you want to remove.
- When prompted, click Remove to confirm that the role should be removed.
- Click the gray + icon to see a list of roles that can be added to an individual.
- Click the appropriate role. It will be immediately added.