Topics Map > Administration > Gradebook
Topics Map > Course Activities > Quizzes
Moodle - Problems with Quiz Grading
This article summarizes issues with quiz grading including deleting attempts, opening up quizzes for certain students after the quiz closes, editing after quiz is attempted, and automatic submission.
1. In order to delete attempts from students first click on the link for the quiz on the homepage.
2. Click on the link that says Attempts as shown in the image below.
3. On the next screen you will see a listing of all the attempts. You can then select the attempts you wish to delete and click the Delete Selected Attempts button.
Opening Up Quizzes for Certain Students After the Quiz Closes
1. If the issue arises where a student is granted additional time on a quiz but the rest of the class is not, a password can be set of the quiz and given to the particular student to access the quiz.
2. In order to set a password, select Edit Settings under Quiz Administration in the Administration block.
3. Scroll down till you see "Extra Restrictions on Attempts" and type in a password next to "Require Password".
Editing After Quiz is Attempted
1. Once a quiz is attempted, you may not add or remove questions. If you wish you to add or remove questions, you can delete the attempts by following steps in the Deleting Quiz Attempts section of this document.
2. You may edit individual questions. To edit questions, go into the quiz and click Edit quiz in the Settings block. From there you may click on any question and edit the content.
1. For a quiz with a deadline for submission, there are different options for what happens at the deadline for students who have not submitted the quiz.
2. Important note: If a student is actively working on the quiz when the deadline arrives, the quiz will always be submitted automatically; however, if the student has logged out, the setting titled "When time expires" in the quiz settings takes precedence.
3. There are three options for what happens with quizzes left open
- Open attempts can be submitted automatically
- There is a grace period (set by instructor) for students to submit the quiz after the deadline but cannot edit any answers
- Attempts are not counted unless they are submitted before time expires
For more information on creating quiz questions, see Creating Quiz Questions.