Moodle - Fastest Way of Uploading Files and Folders
For both file and folder uploads, you will need to begin by clicking Turn editing on in the upper right hand corner of your Moodle page.
This article shows the fastest way to upload files and/or folders to a Moodle course.
Next, you have three options:
- Uploading a Single File
- Uploading Multiple Files
- Uploading a Folder
Uploading a Single File
1. Open up the program where your file is held (Windows Explorer on Windows, Finder on Macs)
2. Drag and drop the file into your Moodle course where you would like it to be located as shown below. NOTE: you can tell where the file will be located by where the "Add file(s) here" box appears.
Uploading Multiple Files
1. Open up the program where your files are held (Windows Explorer on Windows, Finder on Macs)
2. Press Ctrl (or Command for Macs) and select the files you would like to have in your Moodle course.
3. Drag and drop the files into your Moodle course where you would like them to be located as shown in the above image.
Uploading a Folder
1. Open up the program where your folder is held (Windows Explorer on Windows, Finder on Macs).
2. In order for the folder to be placed into the Moodle Course, it will need to be changed to a compressed .zip file. Information for compressing files can be found here:
- For Windows: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compress-uncompress-files-zip-files#1TC=windows-7
- For MacOS: http://support.apple.com/kb/ph4048
3. After compressing your folder, drag and drop the folder into your Moodle Course. You will then be shown the screen below:
Unzip files and create folder: This option will create a folder that users can click on to access the folder's files.
Create a file resource: This will create a link that, when clicked, will automatically download the zipped folder.
Add a SCORM package: This will create a link to a SCORM package. For more information on SCORM packages, click here- http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/SCORM_FAQ
Here is a link to a video explaining this process - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFL05I50NwQ
To create a folder, please see this link: https://kb.wisc.edu/moodle/page.php?id=21565