Moodle - Access for Non-UW Personnel
This article describes the steps for allowing someone outside of UW-Madison (e.g. Someone from industry that's helping teach a class) access to Moodle.
All access to UW-Moodle is via NetID. Non-UW personnel who need access to Moodle will need to obtain a NetID. The mechanism for getting a NetID for Non-UW people is "Manifest."
For One Person/Small Group of People
- Gather the person(s)'s name and email that needs access to the Moodle course.
- Email this information to email@example.com
For a Large Group of People (or people that will need access for extensive amounts of time)
- You will need to request a Manifest Group using the information on this webpage: http://www.doit.wisc.edu/manifest/
- Be sure to state that you need a Manifest Group that has the capability to create new NetIDs
- Once a Manifest Group has been attained you can send out "invitations" to obtain a NetID
- Your Manifest Group includes a description. This description be part of the invitation sent to potential NetID recipients. This is the best place to let recipients know the purpose of their obtaining a NetID. Failure to do so may result in the recipient being confused by the invitation.
- Once a person has obtained a NetID, they can be added to a course by they course's instructor or by the Moodle Administrators.