Moodle - Upload limits
This article explains the different upload limits within Moodle and provides best practices for uploading larger files
Assignment Upload Limit
Options for Changing Upload Limits
Within your Moodle course, you can set the Maximum Upload size for your entire course that supersedes the upload limits of any activity or resource. To do this, first click on Course settings in the "Course Administration" section in the Administration block. Then on the "Edit course settings" page, scroll down to the "Files and uploads" section. Click on the dropdown box for Maximum upload size to change the upload limit to the desired file size (see image below).
For activities where students submit attachment files, instructors have the option to change the maximum size of submission file that the students can upload. The below image shows an example of changing the upload limit
For files larger than 200 MB, you will have to upload files by using UW Madison Box or Google Drive.
UW Madison Box:
Use the steps in this article to use your file from Box for an assignment: https://kb.wisc.edu/moodle/page.php?id=28730. NOTE: You may have to intialize your account (see article for instructions on initialization).
1. You'll first need to upload your file to Google drive using the steps in this article (see the "Uploading files or folders" section): https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=13683
2. Go into the assignment and click on Add submission.
3. Click on the Add.. button
4. In the "File Picker" window, click on Google Drive and Login to your account.
5. A small window should pop up. Choose your @wisc.edu account.
6. You will then be asked to allow Moodle to access your Google Drive file, press Accept.
7. Navigate to the file you'd like to submit and click on it.
8. The "Select [your file's name]" window will pop up. Click Select this file.
9. Press Save changes. Your file is now submitted!