Pivot Tables: Refresh Data in Excel
After creating Pivot Tables in Microsoft Excel, users of UW-Madison’s Institutional Tableau workbooks may need to make changes to the data source tab in Excel. This KB article explains how to refresh pivot tables in Excel.
- Click once on any cell in the pivot table. This opens the Analyze and Design tabs at the top.
- Select Analyze and then Refresh
Note: If you created a regular Table on your data source tab (as instructed in Using Exported Data in Excel), then rows/columns that you add or delete should be incorporated when you refresh. If you did not create a Table first, do this to adjust your Table Range:
- Click once on any cell in the pivot table to open the Analyze and Design tabs at the top.
- Select the Analyze tab
- Select Change Data Source
- Edit the cell range to include all data on the source tab
If you have questions about this Tableau document, please contact Steven Tan, Office of Data Management and Analytics Services (ODMAS) at email@example.com.
Need More Information or Help?