UW-Madison Libraries: Available Resources for Classes
Wondering what additional resources we can offer learners? Read more about UW-Madison Libraries.
As faculty, staff, and/or a student of UW-Madison, we have access to a wealth of both physical and electronic resources through UW-Madison Libraries. As programs are planned, it may prove useful to have an updated copy of a research article or PDF chapter(s) of a book being used as a reference/resource for a class and share with participants (for live and online classes).* Review the shortlist of the many available resources below:
- Search the Library Catalog (on the UW-Madison Library homepage)
- Find electronic and physical copies of books, articles, videos, audio recordings and other resources.
- You can limit your search by:
- Available Online
- Print/Physical Items
- Limit to UW-Madison
- Download full articles or article summaries
- When searching for a title or keyword you can use the advanced search function to limit results by resources available online and in formats such as journals, magazines and newspapers.
- Once an available resource is selected, you can click on the title to view the details of its availability whether in print or online formats. Follow any available links to access and download/save the selected resource.
- Electronic versions of books
- Some books are available as an e-book copy that can be downloaded, read, and returned.
- Some books may even be available as PDF versions of some or all chapters which can be downloaded, saved, and shared. For example, you could add the files to a Box folder or Google Drive folder and sharing with learners in a way where they can view but not download or edit the files in any way.
- Interlibrary Loan
- If a resource isn't available through the UW-Madison Library, it can often be requested through the interlibrary loan program.
- This can take a few days to several weeks so please plan accordingly.
- Ask a Librarian
- This is a feature available for miscellaneous questions you would ask in person about where/how to find a resource but is now available as a virtual chat feature, email, call, visit, or consult.
- Add Library Search Tile to MyUW
- Add the UW-Madison Libraries tile to your MyUW homepage by searching for "Search the Library Catalog" and then click on the "+Add to home" option that appears under the tile of the same name.
- You will now be able to search the catalog quickly when you are on your MyUW homepage.
*Please note that it is important to share with learners that any materials shared prior to, during, or after the class, are shared only with the registered learners for educational purposes only and that they are not to be redistributed or shared with others. Sharing materials for educational purposes could be considered "Fair Use" and you can learn more on the included page or you can also review this Micro-Course about Fair Use. For more information regarding copyright and usage, please visit the Copyright Resources page on the UW-Madison Libraries website. You can also contact Carrie Nelson for further information or assistance.