This document contains instructions on using a non-Microsoft email client, such as Apple Mail or Thunderbird. Microsoft does not recommend these clients for use with Office 365, and there are often significant limitations in client functionality as a result. Because of this, the DoIT Help Desk is only able to offer best effort support for these clients, and certain issues may require the use of a Microsoft client in order to be resolved. For more information on Office 365 client support, please see: Office 365 - Which clients/protocols will be supported?.
Best Effort Support Only
This document explains how to modify a task/reminder in Apple iCal (Mac OS 10.5-7) or Calendar (Mac OS 10.8-9).
Modify a Task/Reminder
There are several ways you can modify a reminder:
Mac OS 10.5-7 and Mac OS 10.8
- With Reminders shown, double-click a visible reminder to open the Info window.
- Select a reminder and press CMD-I to open the Info window for the reminder.
- Modify as appropriate.
- When a modification is made, an Apply button will appear at the bottom-right of the Info window. Click the Apply button to save your modification.
Mac OS 10.9
- Open the Reminders application.
- To modify the properties of a reminder, click an existing reminder. Reminders have several options which only appear after you click the Information Symbol to its right.
- Here, you can specify a reminder on one specific day, time, and location, edit the title, add notes about the reminder, set the parameters for a recurring reminder, and set the priority level.
- Click Done.