Topics Map > Features and Functionality > Client Capabilities > Desktop
Office 365 (Outlook 2016 for Mac) - Find an email message
This document will provide instructions on how to use the search function within Outlook 2016 for Mac.
Finding an E-mail
Using the quick search to search current folder
- Locate the quick search bar in the upper right of Outlook
- Type the word you wish to use to search by then select the category from the drop down
- Your results will appear based off what you searched for.
- Click the x in the search bar to clear your search.
Using the full search options
If you want to refine your search even more, you have the option of changing search criteria.
- To do so, click the search bar in the upper right. You will see another option called "Search" added to your tools.
From here you can:
- Select Subfolders , All Mailboxes, or All Outlook Items to specify where you want the search to look.
- Search for Attachments, Subjects, who you received the e-mail from or who you sent it to along with when it was sent or received.
- If you don't click Close Search, the Search tab remains active. The item list continues to show the search results even if you click another tab, such as the Home tab.
- An Outlook search includes the file names of attachments but not the text inside attachments.
- To save a search as a Smart Folder, on the Search tab, click Save Search, and then enter a name for it under Smart Folders.
- Further search resources can be viewed on Microsoft's support pages.