Topics Map > Features and Functionality > Client Capabilities > Desktop
Office 365 (Outlook 2016 for Mac) - Subscribe to an account
This document explains how to subscribe to (or 'access') an account in Outlook 2016 for Mac. If you have only been granted permissions to a specific calendar or email folder of another account, use the following instructions instead: User or Service Account | Resource Account.
- You must have full mailbox permissions to the account you are attempting to subscribe to.
- If you are linked to a NetID or Service account, you are automatically provided full mailbox permissions to the account. Full mailbox permissions includes 'send as' permissions.
- If you are set as the owner of a resource account, you are granted full mailbox permissions.
- If you know the account's credentials, use these instructions to add another account to your Outlook configuration.
Adding An Account
- Start Outlook.
- Select the Tools menu and then select Accounts... from the sub-menu.
- From the "Accounts" window make sure your Office 365 account is selected in the left-hand pane and click the Advanced... button.
- Within the next window select the delegates tab.
- In the bottom box titled People I am a delegate for click on the + icon.
- On the "Select User" window enter the email address or the name of the account you are searching for and click Find.
If you do not see the account you're looking for in this list, it may not be a searchable address in the Global Address List. For instructions, please refer to our documentation here.
- Select the account in the search results and then click OK.
- It should return you back to the delegate account listing page and the account listed in the "People I am a delegate for" box. Click OK.
- Close the 'Accounts' window.
Within a few minutes, the account should appear in your mail/calendar folder pane. Note: If the account does not appear please restart Outlook.