Office 365 - Known Issues with OneDrive for Business
The following document outlines known issues with OneDrive for Business in UW-Madison's implementation of Office 365.
Limitations of OneDrive for Business
For a list of restrictions and limitations in OneDrive for Business, please review the following Microsoft Support documentation.
- External users will not be able access a OneDrive for Business folder or file shared with them
If you share a folder or file from your OneDrive for Business with an external user, the user will get a mail notification. When the user clicks on the link in the email message to access the folder or file, he or she will see a dialog box with an "access denied" message. This dialog box will block the external user from accessing the contents of the folder or file.
- The "Get Link" option is not available when attempting to share a file or folder in OneDrive for Business.
This feature is currently not enabled for UW-Madison's implementation of Office 365.
The Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant for Office 365 is a tool which can diagnose and fix many common Office 365 problems. The OneDrive for Business option I’m having a problem with OneDrive for Business now scans for the following issues:
- Checks the option to manually or automatically update the NGSC+B to its latest version.
- Reports all files that have sizes exceeding the limit.
- Reports all files that have invalid characters in the names.
- Reports all folders that have invalid characters or strings in the names.
- Reports all paths exceeding the limit and provides a link to this KB article.
The tool is available from http://diagnostics.outlook.com. When you run this tool, the initial page will display several options, including the new option for OneDrive for Business - I'm having a problem with OneDrive for Business.