Topics Map > Features and Functionality > Client Capabilities > Mobile
Office 365 - Mobile device Known Issues
The issues listed below apply to mobile devices. If the issue only affects certain device(s), affected device(s) will be listed in the issue description.
Some calendar-related actions are possible to perform using a mobile device, but can cause issues.
- For more information, see: Office 365 - Best Practices for Calendaring via Mobile Devices.
Current issues with Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync and third-party devices
- For more details/information, see: Microsoft support resource.
Samsung devices running an Android OS will show duplicate calendar events.
On the Outlook for iOS or Android application configured with Exchange ActiveSync protocol, drafts will not sync.
- The "Drafts" folder on your Outlook for iOS or Android application will not sync with the "Drafts" folder on Microsoft's server and vice versa.
- Drafts saved using your Outlook for iOS or Android application can only be access using the application on your device.
- Drafts saved using Outlook on the web or a desktop client can be accessed using any client except your Outlook for iOS or Android application on your device.
The OWA app for Android and iOS does not work with UW-Madison's implementation of Office 365
- The OWA app for Android and iOS is not compatible with the type of authentication (Shibbotleth) used by UW-Madison.
- Instead of using this app, Android and iOS users should configure their device's native email/calendar client. Instructions are available here.
When you add an Exchange account using ActiveSync on an Android phone, some phones will begin forwarding a copy of every SMS message (e.g., text message) that the phone receives to your email account. This feature will vary from phone to phone.
- Use this link to control this setting.
The Outlook apps for iOS and Android have some inconsistencies depending on version.
- When using Outlook for iOS on iOS 9.2.1 devices, you are not able to edit recurring events. These events must be edited in a desktop client or the web client. Single events can be edited successfully.
- When using Outlook for Android on Android OS 5.5.1 devices, clicking on and copying links sent in email messages doesn't always allow for a new window to appear or for the link to be copied.
In Outlook for Android, when viewing the calendar, the only calendar that is selected is the primary calendar even though other additional calendars were selected previously.