Topics Map > Features and Functionality > Client Capabilities > Desktop
Office 365 - Apple Mail/Calendar/Contacts/Reminders Known Issues
The issues listed below apply Apple Mail, Calendar, Contacts, or Reminders.
You may experience a one to five minute delay in receiving mail using default sync settings
- This is a known issue between Apple Mail and Microsoft's Exchange protocol.
- To work around this issue, you can modify the "Check for new messages" setting in the "Preferences" menu from "Automatically" to "Every minute". Note: After you change this setting, your computer will be required to use more memory (RAM) to run Apple Mail. This can lead to performance issues for some computers.
You may see a "No access" error when attempting to subscribe to another person's calendar
- This error can occur regardless of the permissions you have been granted.
- A support case has been opened with Apple.
On OS X Yosemite (10.10.x), you will see an error message when clicking "Replied to" or "Forwarded" arrows in the message list
- When viewing the message list in the Inbox, clicking on the "Replied to" or "Forwarded" arrows that are located next to the subject of the message will result in an error message
- The error will read: 'Mail was unable to find your reply to the message "[MESSAGE SUBJECT]". You may have deleted the message.'
- Apple has acknowledged that this is an issue. More information can be found in this thread.
You may receive an error message when attempting to view your own calendar
- Error: "Calendar needs valid email address to connect to Exchange account."
- If you are able to view your email in Apple Mail without a problem, this could be occurring because your account is hidden from the Global Address List (GAL).
- For students: your account may be hidden in the GAL. To verify this, view view status document. To unhide your account, go to Office 365 - How is FERPA status managed in Office 365?.
- For faculty/staff: your account may be hidden in the GAL. To verify this, view status document. If you are hidden, contact the DoIT Help Desk.