The Global Address List (GAL) is the address look up feature in Office 365. It contains email addresses for individuals and resources, excluding those that are hidden. Office 365 uses the Global Address List to supply email addresses when you are composing a message or inviting individuals to meetings.
How do accounts get included in the Global Address List?
They get created and licensed for Office 365.
How do I access the Global Address List?
You can access the GAL from the People App in Outlook on the Web (under Directory) or from the Address Book in the Outlook Desktop App on your computer.
How is the Global Address List used?
Any search function, such as looking up an address when composing a message or subscribing to a calendar, uses the GAL to search against.
How long will changes made to accounts within the Global Address List take to appear?
After a change is made, it may take up to 24-48 hours for those updates to be reflected in the GAL. Depending on the client (Outlook desktop client) you're using, you may see the modifications sooner.
Are there accounts, either by policy or design, that are hidden in the Global Address List?
What accounts are hidden in the Global Address List?
- Any students with FERPA enabled. Learn more.
- Service accounts are hidden by default, however this can be managed by domain/authorized admins. Learn more.
- Faculty and staff that are not paid through UW Madison central payroll.
- Anyone with an alumni status.
What accounts are shown in the Global Address List?
- Faculty and staff paid through UW Madison central payroll (including zero dollar appointments).
- Students enrolled in the current term/semester that do not have FERPA enabled.
- Anyone with an emeriti status.
- Office 365 Groups.
- Resource (room, equipment, vacation calendars, etc.) accounts.
- Service accounts that are set to be shown by the domain administrator.
What should I do if my account is hidden in the Global Address List?
- If you are not a current student or faculty/staff that is paid through UW Madison central payroll, contact the DoIT Help Desk and provide them with the reason why you believe you should be visible.
- If you are a current student, check your FERPA status first. If any flags are enabled, remove them to be shown in the GAL. Learn more.
- If the account is a service account, contact your domain admins for assistance.