Below is a quick glance table for comparing the different roles in each Webex Center:
At a Glance:
Webex Meeting Center
|Webex Meetings||Webex Training||Webex Events||Webex Support|
- Host - The host is the person who schedules, starts and ends the session and or recordings of the session. A host can also assign roles to other participants in the session. The host role can be reassigned once in a live session.
- This role is required in order to manage Attendees microphones during a Webex session
- Presenter - Responsible for sharing and annotating presentations, whiteboards, documents, and applications.
- Assigned to Host by default.
- Can be assigned to anyone if allowed by host
- This role is assigned in breakout sessions for Webex Training and has the option to mute/un-mute Attendees in that breakout session
- Panelist - Person that has been identified as a speaker or Presenter. A Panelist can also assist Presenters by, responding to chat messages, conducting polls, responding to questions in the Q&A panel. You can have multiple panelists in a session.
- Can be pre-assigned when scheduling a Webex Event or Webex Training
- The host must assign this role
- Attendee - Any person attending the session who is not already identified as a Presenter, Panelist, or Host. Attendees are typically who the session information is being presented to.
- Polling Coordinator - Someone that conducts a poll in the Webex session by creating a poll questionnaire or for Attendees to answer.
- This role is assigned to Hosts by default in Webex Meetings/Events/Trainings, but can be assigned to Panelists during the session
- Must have Presenter role in order to assign new Polling Coordinator
- Closed Captionist - Publishes captions in real time during the meeting.
- Captions only show once the captionist publishes the captions.
- Role must be allowed by host before being able to assign an Attendee the role of Closed Captionist.
- Assigned to Host by default when enabled.
- Must have Presenter role in order to assign new Closed Captionist
- Note Taker - Publishes notes at any time during the meeting.
- Notes only show once the note taker publishes the notes.
- Role must be allowed by host before being able to assign an Attendee the role of Note Taker.
- Assigned to Host by default when enabled
- Must have Presenter role in order to assign new Note Taker