Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration
(608) 262-9943 -- Office of the Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration
Fax (608) 263-7449
Hours Monday-Friday 7:45 a.m-4:30 p.m.
100 Bascom Hall
500 Lincoln Drive
Madison, WI 53706
The Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration serves as UW-Madison’s chief financial officer. Vice Chancellor Laurent Heller is responsible for overall supervision of a wide array of the University’s administrative, student-life and auxiliary functions: budget, facilities planning and management, business services, human resources, research and sponsored programs, police services, housing, health services, student unions and recreational sports.
The vice chancellor is responsible for administrative, budgetary and other functions including the following:
- Development and implementation of the operating and capital budget
- Conduct of human resource activities which include all personnel functions (academic, classified, student help, collective bargaining/contract administration), professional development and faculty/staff visa services
- Facilities planning, physical plant maintenance and support services, safety and hazardous materials management, transportation services, space management and energy conservation
- Division of Business Services functions of financial management, procurement and inventory, payroll and benefits operations, pre-audit and internal audit, risk management, central stores, and bursar
- Campus police and security functions, including criminal investigations, crime prevention and liaison with local, state and federal law enforcement units
- Student (graduate and undergraduate) housing and related programs
- Represents the university on budgetary and administrative matters with state government, UW System Administration, the Board of Regents, private sector and the general public
- Must establish and maintain a consultative working relationship with the appropriate faculty, staff and student governance groups and committees in program and policy development
- May serve as the chancellor's representative on various state and governmental boards and authorities.
Heller named vice chancellor for finance and administration, June 14, 2016: http://news.wisc.edu/heller-named-vice-chancellor-for-finance-and-administration/