This document will walk you through the process of adding a Tableau visualization to your WiscWeb site.
- Review the WiscWeb Tableau Policy and note the recommendations for use
- Your visualizations can be built in the campus Tableau tool (DataViz) or at the Public Tableau site.
Embedding a Tableau Visualization in a Page
- Login to the UW-Madison's Enterprise Tableau Environment
- Locate your data visualization
- In the top right corner of the screen, click on the Share icon
- Copy the sharing link from the pop-up window (do not use the Embed code option as it will not work)
- Navigate to the WiscWeb page that you'd like to add the visualization to
- Paste the share link into a Text Block or the Embed Content page element
- Publish your page
Resizing Your Visualization
The oEmbed plugin simply places your visualization in the page. It is not a vehicle for augmenting its display. Therefore, much of the display maintenance will have to occur in Tableau. This is especially important to consider if your embedded visualization requires either vertical or horizontal scrolling. The best way to prevent this is to resize the visualization sizing (width and height) in Tableau. The box will always display as 100% width in WiscWeb.