Below is a list of known issues within Blackboard Collaborate Original Experience.
Table of Contents:
- macOS Catalina (10.15) users are unable to use webcams in sessions
- iPadOS users are unable to launch sessions
- Error uploading PowerPoint and PDF files
- Incorrect email displays when inviting participants via MyUW
macOS Catalina (10.15) users are unable to use webcams in sessions
macOS users that have upgraded their operating system to Catalina (10.15) are unable to use their webcam in Blackboard Collaborate Original sessions.
Known Issue Symptoms
After upgrading to macOS Catalina (10.15), users will receive a "No video sources found" error when attempting to use their webcam.
macOS Catalina (10.15)
On October 7th, 2019, Mac OS Catalina (10.15) was released. This release prevents Webcams from working in Collaborate Original (audio will work fine).
The vendor does not recommend upgrading to Catalina for Collaborate Original Mac users. If you have already upgraded to Catalina and require the use of the webcam, your options are:
- Downgrade to Mac OS 10.14 (instructions on how to do this, click here)
- Use Collaborate Ultra
iPadOS users are unable to launch sessions
Some iPadOS users have reported that they are unable to launch Blackboard Collaborate Original sessions.
Steps to Replicate:
- Launch the Collaborate app.
- Enter a session URL in the Blackboard Collaborate Session URL field.
- Complete the Enter your name field.
- Tap the Join Session button.
Symptoms:Expected result: Safari should appear on-screen briefly then the Collaborate Original session should launch in the Collaborate app as seen below.
Actual result: Safari appears on-screen and prompts the user to download the Blackboard Collaborate Launcher application as seen below. The user is unable to continue to their session in the Collaborate app.
Note that the Blackboard Collaborate Launcher is not intended for use on mobile devices.
Cause:By default, Safari on iPadOS is set to request the desktop version of all websites. As a result, a device running iPadOS is treated as a desktop device rather than a mobile device when attempting to access a Collaborate Original session.
Resolution/Workaround:Disable the following option:
- Settings -> Safari -> Request Desktop Website -> All websites
All websites enabled
All websites disabled
Error uploading PowerPoint and PDF files
Collaborate Original users unable to upload PowerPoint or PDF files in Collaborate Classic on macOS High Sierra. Users of a computer using macOS High Sierra (version 10.13) will receive the error message Failure calling PPT to process (or a similar message) when attempting to upload a PowerPoint or PDF file into a Collaborate Original session.
The workaround is to export the source file as JPEG images and upload into the session.
Incorrect email displays when inviting participants via MyUW
It may occur that a non-campus email address is listed for an individual when using the Adding Participants to a Session feature for Blackboard Original via the MyUW portal. The lookup tool references data from HRS that may include other email addresses provided by the individual.
Those affected by this behavior may choose from the following alternative options.
- Manually enter the preferred email address on the “Adding Participants to a Session” screen (see screenshot below)
- Manually copy and paste the session link and send an email using the user’s local application
- The individual with the incorrect email listed can modify the preferences in HRS if the email is no longer valid or used - this can be accessed via the Personal Information app via the MyUW portal (see KB document HR - Business Email Address for more information)