Library Cards For Non-students
(608) 263-7360 -- Circulation Office (Number for questions about library cards)
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.- 9:45 p.m.
Memorial Library Front Desk
728 State St
Madison, WI 53706
- UW Madison students, faculty, staff, and affiliates use their valid University ID to borrow library materials.
- Appointments, such as honorary fellows need to obtain a borrowing card from the Card Application Window at Memorial Library. UW System (other than UW-Madison) students, faculty and staff use the ID from their home institution to borrow library materials. To enter the building students, faculty and staff from other UW campuses must obtain a day pass or Reference Pass.
- OCLC and CIC faculty from other institutions must bring a photo ID and the card given by the home institution to the Card Application Window at Memorial Library to obtain a borrowing card. UW Faculty who wish to borrow from OCLC or CIC institutions need to contact the circulation office.
The following patron categories of users must obtain a Memorial Library issued borrowing card. Proof of affiliation and photo ID (with current address information) are required. All overdue charges and lost book fines must be paid before the card will be issued or renewed. All General Library System cards are valid through June 30th of the current fiscal year. Card renewals begin on June 1st each year. NOTE: A General Library System card does not entitle use of the Infolabs or remote access to licensed online resources.
Courtesy Card Holders
These cards are issued to:
- Wisconsin State, Dane county, and city of Madison employees (with proof of employment)
- Faculty and Students at Madison Area Technical, Edgewood and Beloit colleges. Beloit and MATC students need to bring a form from their college librarian.
- Private college faculty in the State of Wisconsin (with proof of employment).
- Donors to the library.
- Wisconsin K-12 Public School educators (with proof of employment)
- The spouses, domestic partners and children (ages 12-17) of UW-Madison faculty, staff and students.
Annual fee cards
These cards are issued to Wisconsin residents. Two proofs of Wisconsin residency are required, one of them a photo ID as well as a $40.00 annual payment ($20.00 for residents 62 and older). Checks and credit cards (no cash) are accepted at the Card Application Window.