Office for Equity and Diversity / OED / (formerly Equity and Diversity Resource Center)
firstname.lastname@example.org -- Luis Piñero, Director
email@example.com -- Kathryn O'Connor, Program Assistant
firstname.lastname@example.org -- Barbara Lanser, Dissability Coordinator/Employment
email@example.com -- Bonnie Sundal, Equal Oppotrunity Program Specialist
Phone (608) 263-2378 -- Office for Equity and Diversity
Fax (608) 263-5562
Hours Monday-Friday 7:45 a.m.-5 p.m.
179-A Bascom Hall
500 Lincoln Dr
Madison, WI 53706-1380
The Office for Equity and Diversity (OED), a unit within the Division of Diversity, Equity, & Educational Achievement, promotes, integrates and transfers equity and inclusion diversity principles to nurture human resources and advance the mission of the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The office is a unit within the office of the Provost.
Primary goals include:
1. provide leadership and consultation to develop and implement equity and inclusion diversity strategies throughout the campus;
2. promoting the use of standardized and proactive human resources processes;
3. nurturing human resources through the effective use of continuous improvement principles;
4. establishing collaborative partnerships with Schools/Colleges and Divisions; and
5. coordinating campus compliance with affirmative action and equal opportunity requirements, referred to as AA/EEO compliance
The OED Advisory Committee is the acting body of the OED and provides consultation and oversight to UW - Madison governance and administration as a whole.
The chair of the committee is:
Professor Parmesh Ramanathan
College of Engineering