This document provides recommendations on how to manage your account's storage usage.
- Manage storage
- Important note for accounts will full storage usage
- Known issue
- Request a consultation
Check account storage usage
- View your account's storage usage.
- View a project directory’s storage usage.
- Learn what data is counted towards your storage usage.
Delete unwanted folders/files
- Review the University Record Retention Policy to ensure you comply with the university’s legal and compliance recordkeeping requirements.
- Make sure there are no resources referencing or pointing to the folders/files you are going to delete (ex: shared links published on a website).
- Links to deleted folders will break access and will no longer be accessible.
Before deleting folders/files, please keep the following in mind:
- View folders/files that you own and look for older folders that have not been modified recently.
- Filter folders based on the “size” and/or “date modified” options to view the largest folders when they were last modified. Learn more about search filters.
- View the size of individual folders.
- Verify your collaboration role before deleting a folder.
- Do not delete folders that you do not own. Check with the Owner.
Below are tips on how to decide which folders/files to delete:
If your UW-Madison Box account's storage usage is full and you do not delete files/folders, you will not be able to create or upload new folders/files.
You will continue to have access to shared folders/files.
If you notice your account’s storage usage or folder size is not changing after deleting folders/files you are probably encountering a known issue with Box storage reporting. Box is aware of a bug that is causing account storage usage or file counts to display the wrong size. No data is lost due to this bug.
If you need help or have questions about your UW-Madison Box account’s storage usage, you can request a consultation.