An overview of Spring 2021 Instructional Initiatives, the L&S Remote Teaching Toolkit website, Final Exam and Assessment Consultations, and where to find more information about teaching during the pandemic.
Spring 2021 L&S Instructional Initiatives (sign up)L&S Spring 2021 Instructional Initiatives are designed to help instructors make quick and targeted course enhancements that support students and improve learning. Click on any link below to learn more or sign up.
- Course Tune-Up Initiative - Our course tune-ups pair an instructor with a course design partner to address a remote and blended teaching challenge.
- Course Orientation Initiative - A customizable student orientation module will be deployed to all L&S Canvas courses.
- Teaching and Technology consultations - We have a team of learning & technology consultants available to help navigate a wide range of remote, blended, and classroom teaching challenges.
L&S Remote Teaching ToolkitL&S Remote Instruction Toolkit is great resource for instructors that includes:
- Planning worksheets - to help design a remote course or remote course activities.
- Canvas templates - that can be downloaded
- Technical checklist - to confirm your Canvas course site is operating in the way you expect
- Remote Teaching Guides
L&S Final Exam and Assessment ConsultationsLearning & technology support staff are available to help run through your exam set-up. Please sign-up to talk with a consultant about any of the following:
- Configuring technical settings to minimize disruptions
- Defining pathways for students to ask questions and receive help in real-time
- Efficiently collecting or grading exams
- Running a simulation of your exam as a test student to ensure the process is smooth and stable
- Designing an environment that supports students and minimizes unwanted stress
Related L&S pagesL&S Readiness Criteria for Pandemic Remote Instruction
Accommodations during covid-19 disruption (L&S): Supporting individual students who miss class due to illness, quarantine, or bereavement
L&S TA Training for Remote Teaching: Outline of training content
UW-Madison Final Exam General Information and Grading Deadline
COVID-19 Syllabus and Course Orientation
L&S: New covid room capacities
Published Class Section Mode: Implications during the pandemic (L&S)
L&S Guidance for TA Workloads and Appointments for Remote Teaching
Campus pages with additional information:Campus Continuity of Instruction
Physically-distanced teaching activities
Questions about instructional continuity during the COVID-19 disruption?
Contact Shirin Malekpour at firstname.lastname@example.org.