This document describes how to complete the SOAR - Student Life & Transition course in Canvas for fall 2020.
Canvas - SOAR Student Life & Transition Course
How to complete the SOAR Student Life & Transition Course
This document describes how to complete the SOAR Student Life & Transition course in Canvas.
Incoming Freshman and Transfer students are required to participate in the SOAR Student Life & Transition course provided in the Canvas learning management system.
To access the course:
1. Log in to Canvas using your UW-Madison NetID credentials.
2. You should see a Dashboard for courses.
3. Find the course titled “SOAR Student Life & Transition” and click on it.
4. Follow the completion instructions within the course.
How to open your course enrollment
Unit 1 - Pre-Enrollment Requirements must be completed by 11:59 pm the Wednesday before your SOAR Advising week. If Unit 1 is not completed before your SOAR Advising week, a hold will remain on your student record, prohibiting you from enrolling in classes.
How to Complete the “Acknowledgement Check”
At the end of Unit 1, you must complete an “acknowledgement check” by selecting the answer “Forward.” This will lift your enrollment hold. After you select the answer, click the “Submit Quiz” to automatically lift your course enrollment hold. If you click the “Submit Quiz” button before you select the answer, you must contact SOAR to have your hold lifted.
If you have questions about the completion requirements, or have other questions about the SOAR program, contact SOAR@studentlife.wisc.edu or visit soar.wisc.edu. Only incoming freshmen and transfer students are enrolled in the SOAR Student Life & Transition course.
SOAR Student Life & Transition course technical considerations
- SOAR Student Life & Transition is a web-based course containing audio and video, so you will need a computer with audio.
- Recommended web browsers are Chrome and Firefox. You may use Safari, but please note that the course may not function properly in this browser. Avoid using Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- Avoid a mobile phone. While you can certainly use your mobile phone to complete the course, you will have a better experience if the course is completed on a laptop or desktop computer.
- Additional details can be found at https://soar.wisc.edu/getting-started/#tech
For questions regarding this program or if you need accommodations, please contact the SOAR Team at SOAR@studentlife.wisc.edu. For technical assistance with this program, please contact the Help Desk at email@example.com. If you experience accessibility or usability barriers while completing this course and need assistance, call 608-262-4707 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.