Guaranteed Transfer / UW Colleges / Information for Transfer Students
http://uwc.edu/admissions/transfer/guaranteed-transfer -- General UW System Guaranteed Transfer Information
https://www.admissions.wisc.edu/apply/transfer/agreements.php -- Specific UW-Madison Guaranteed Transfer Information
(608) 263-7918 -- Transfer Wisconsin
(608) 262-9652 -- UW Colleges Registrar
(608) 262-3961 -- Office of Admissions (UW-Madison questions only)
(888)-463-6892 -- UW Colleges Toll Free
UW System -- Transfer Information System (TIS)
1666 Van Hise Hall
1220 Linden Drive
Madison, WI 53706
TIS - Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
(1) begin college at a UW Colleges campus;
(2) earn the necessary credits for junior status at the UW System institution they wish to attend; and
(3) have a 2.0 GPA [2.80 for UW-Madison] are guaranteed admission to the transfer institution. To be eligible, students must complete the Declaration of Intent to Participate prior to the start of the sophomore year.
The Guaranteed Transfer Program guarantees admission to the baccalaureate institution only and NOT to the specific program or major.
Extensive information for students planning to transfer to a UW System institution, or from one UW campus to another, is available at these websites. Each year, UW System campuses welcome about 15,000 students transferring within the UW System and from other accredited colleges and universities.
Note: The contract for the guaranteed transfer program was replaced with an updated agreement in May 2016. It is now available on the UW Colleges website under Guaranteed Transfer.