This document explains the migration steps for users who are migrating their analog fax number to the CloudFax service on September 28, 2020. Learn more about the CloudFax project.
As a Key User, IT Contact, or Migration Partner, you should complete the following steps. The IT Contact and Migration Partner will only need to complete these steps if a key user has not been identified for a fax number.
Steps to send faxes
- Enable your primary email account to send faxes now.
- Tell faculty, staff, and student employees who need to send faxes to enable their primary email account.
- Learn how to digitize documents by reviewing the Scan-to-Email Guide and Scan Documents from Home/Office KnowledgeBase documents.
Steps to receive faxes
When contacted by the CloudFax project team, you will need to do the following:
- Verify your access to the Office 365 service account that is associated with your fax number.
- Verify your ability to add and remove additional users to the Office 365 service account.
- Learn how to add/remove users to an Office 365 service account.
Attend an online training session. Information about training dates and links will be available at https://it.wisc.edu/it-projects/cloud-fax-project/.
Contact the DoIT Help Desk if you have any questions or feedback.