Independent Living Incorporated
(608) 274-7900-- Independent Living, Inc.
(608) 274-2097-- Independent Health Care, Inc.
Monday - Friday 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.; services provided 24 hours/day, 7 days/week
2970 Chapel Valley Road, Suite 203
Madison, WI 53711-7424
Independent Living, Inc. is a non-profit, 40-year-old multi-service agency that assists seniors and adults with disabilities. The mission is to support, serve and help older adults and persons with disabilities continue to live with dignity and independence.
Independent Living supports clients’ independent life styles through:
- Evening Meals on Wheels serving nutritious, fresh-made meals delivered by volunteers to clients
- Subsidized housing offering reasonable rent for adults age 62 and better
- Affordable independent housing and assisted living
- Home health care with nursing and physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Home safety modifications ranging from wheel chair ramps to grab bars, and including durable medical equipment like bath benches
- Financial management and counseling for private assistance with bill paying, budgeting, medical and insurance paperwork, and more
- Home care assistance with personal grooming, house cleaning, errands and more
- Volunteer opportunities:
- Home visits
- Kibbles on Wheels free pet food and supplies delivered to low-income clients
- Social telephone calls to the elderly
- Transportation to appointments, shopping, etc.
Independent Living also runs the Home Share Program - see separate record for details.
Call for more information and referrals.
Volunteer opportunities available.