If you have important information you need to communicate to all authors in your KB group space, you may create a KB Admin Alert, which will display as a persistent banner in the KB Admin Tools.
Group-specific KB Admin Alerts may be created by users who have full admin permissions within that group space. Alerts are intended to be visible for a limited period of time for the purpose of communicating crucial information, after which point (or once marked as read), they will be archived under the Home tab.
To create a new KB Admin Alert:
- Go to the SitePref tab, then select the KBAdmin Alerts link in the left-hand pane.
- Select the Add a New Alert button that appears to the right of the search filters.
- Enter a title for your alert.
- Enter the body of your alert message. This may be entered as plain text, or you may use HTML to format your alert, include links, etc. You may also select the Previewlink below the body field to see what your alert will look like with the current formatting.
- Note: If you need additional formatting but are unsure how to write this in HTML, please open a blank new document and draft your alert in the Body editor, then switch over into Code view/HTML view and copy your HTML out of the document editor and into the alert body field.
- You may now set the status as desired. If you are ready for your alert to be made visible, you can set the alert to Active. If you are still drafting the alert, leave it set to In Progress.
- Set the Activation and Expiration fields as desired. You may set a future Activation date on an Active alert if you would like the alert to automatically become visible on that date and time. Set the Expiration as appropriate. Once an Active alert has expired, it will be archived under the Home tab.
- When you are ready, select Create Alert.
- Note: You will not see your alert right after clicking this button, even if it is Active. Please do not refresh this page, as this will create a second duplicate alert. To see your alert, please navigate to a new page.