This document explains how to subscribe to or unsubscribe from a Google Group.
There are two ways to subscribe to a Google Group:
Option 1: Use Google Group’s web interface
Option 2: Email the Google Group
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Substitute groupname with the address of the group you'd like to join.)
- Within a minute or two, you'll receive an email that includes steps to confirm your membership.
- Log into your UW-Madison G Suite account, not your personal Google account, to complete the steps provided in the membership email.
Note: For restricted-membership groups, the group owner will need to approve your subscription request before you can join.
There are multiple ways to unsubscribe from a Google Group. Please view your options below:
- Option 1: Reply to an email from the group with REMOVE ME as the subject of your message.
Option 2: Send an email to email@example.com.
- Example: If you want to leave the firstname.lastname@example.org, you can remove yourself by sending a blank email to email@example.com .
Option 3: Send a blank email (no text in the body of the message) with the subject line: "Unsubscribe" to the group's email address.
Option 4: Leave the group.
- Log into your UW-Madison G Suite account.
- Click My Groups, then click on the name of the group you want to edit.
- In the upper-right corner, click My Settings > Leave this group.