Last Updated: July 23, 2020
Budget Alteration Requests are used when an organization needs to move money within their budget to other areas to complete programming objectives.
A fully complete budget alteration includes two forms:
Before submitting, please review the following criteria for budget alterations:
- All alterations involving a purchase must be submitted at least three weeks before the purchase will be made.
- Requests submitted less than three weeks prior to a purchase will not be considered.
- Alterations that are not allowed:
- Moving money from Core or Supportive Programming to Salaries
- Alterations that require a full approval by the SSFC:
- Moving 10% or more of the total budget.
- This is cumulative over the entire fiscal year. Each budget alteration made from July 1 to June 30 is added together to meet that 10% threshold.
- Alterations that require a 3/4 vote of the SSFC:
- Moving money from Core Programming to any other line item outside of Core Programming
- Moving money from salary lines to non-salary line items.
The SSFC Chair can approve budget alterations less than 10% as long as they don't meet the criteria above.
The Budget Alteration Request Excel and Narrative can be submitted to the SSFC Chair: email@example.com