This document will walk you through the options that are available to adjust the visibility of your site or particular pages.
Before making sweeping changes to a site, it may be best that you save your current content. By exporting the site, you would be able to import back any content you might need by using an XML file. For this, please follow the instructions located here:
Set All Pages to Private
If you want to edit a site while keeping all of your content available to the public, you would need to set all new pages/posts to private until you want to publish them.
This would also be beneficial if you have relatively little content on your site: setting all pages to private would keep the site live while allowing you to edit.
Hide Site from Search Engines
If your main source of traffic is through search engines, you can update your site to be non-indexed.
- You want to remodel the site privately and the current public info can come down
- You would like the site to be unavailable to the public
- You would like users to be made aware that the site is currently unavailable
- You're unsure if you want to delete the site, but would not like it public at this time
- You would like the site to be taken down for now but may want it back up in the future
Unpublishing the Domain
Deleting the Site and Domain
For this option, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request a full site deletion.