The WiscWeb service provides the ability for users to embed a Google Calendar into a text editor area within a WordPress post or page. Follow the steps in this document to create and embed your calendar.
Accessing a Campus Google Calendar
The campus G Suite access allows users to use a Google Calendar. To access your Google Calendar using your campus account, navigate to https://calendar.google.com and log in using your netID@wisc.edu account.
You will then be brought to the campus authentication screen where you will log in via your NetID and campus password.
Creating the Embed Code For Your Calendar
- Once you have logged into Google Calendar with the correct account, on the left side click the vertical ellipsis next the account name (either personal or service account).
- Click Settings and Sharing
- There are a number of options to work with in this screen, but to create the embed link click on Integrate calendar in the left menu.
- Highlight and copy the code in the embed code section. Make sure to copy everything in the section from <iframe> to </iframe>
Embedding the Google Calendar in a WordPress Content Area
With the embed code copied, log in to your WiscWeb site and access the page or post that you want to paste this into.
- In a Text Area, paste the code that you have copied into the Visual Editor. The embed functionality will take that code and display the calendar within the text area.
- Be sure to publish and check your page to make sure it is working as expected.