This document will explain how to join a Webex Event for the first time
Guide to Joining a Webex Event
1. Navigate to your calendar event and select the green Join Event button
2. Fill out the required information - First Name, Last Name, Email Address and Password (Auto filled when clicking the link)
Install Browser Extension or Temporary Application
Option 1 - Browser Extension (Recommended)
1. Click the blue Join Now button
2. Select the green Add Webex to button (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
3. Select the blue Get button to install the app
4. Accept the Add Extension prompt that displays
5. The extension will then launch the Webex Event and you will be able to manage your audio and video settings at this point before joining the event.
Option 2 - Temporary Application
1. Click the blue Join Now button below the Option 1 steps
2. Click the link labeled Run a temporary application and download/run the application
3. The temporary app will then launch the Webex Event and you will be able to manage your audio and video settings at this point before joining the event.
Run Webex Events From a Browser Window
Webex Events in a Browser Window (Not Recommended)
1. Click the blue Join by browser text below the Join Now button
2. The browser will redirect to the following page. Please note this option has limited functionality due to browser limitations.
3. Enable Audio either via selecting the phone icon, or via selecting the three dots followed by Speaker and Microphone