This document describes how to submit orders for digital content for course sections using the Order Tool. The content ordered will be viewable in the Engage tool or a publisher Digital Learning Tool (DLT), depending on the materials ordered.
Only Instructors and Course Coordinators (curricular representatives) may order digital content for courses they have access to.
Note: The Order Tool will only be accessible for instructors and course coordinators that have been granted access.
- Instructors are added automatically after they become Instructor on Record for their course. This can take between 24-48 hours to go through after that occurs.
- Course coordinators should contact the DoIT Help Desk if they would like to use the Order Tool.
Ordering functionality is available in the Order Tool from the Navigation menu. To access the Order Tool, simply log in with your NetID and associated password.
Before ordering eTexts, it’s important to understand ordering periods. Please review this information before beginning the order process.
You can do the following when using the ordering functionality:
- Filter the course list
- Place an order
- Add sections to a placed order
- Edit a placed order
- Cancel an order
- Submit a content request
- View your order history
NOTE: Please disregard instructions for Program Administrators in the above Unizin documents.
After you've placed your order, nothing more needs to be done. The eText attribute will be added to your course in the Course Search and Enroll app before enrollment begins. You do not need to enter anything additionally into Faculty Center. For next steps, such as creating your syllabus or setting up your course, please review the following documents:
- Engage - Best Practices for Instructors
- Engage - Adding the Engage eText tool to your Canvas course and other preparation for instructors using Engage
- Engage - Set-Up/Preparation for Instructors using a publisher Digital Learning Tool (DLT)
- Engage - Sample language for syllabi and Canvas courses using an Engage eText
- Engage - Sample language for syllabi and Canvas courses using a publisher Digital Learning Tool (DLT)