On December 29th, starting in the early morning, Cherwell will be upgraded to version 10. This document lays out the steps for testing and validation of version 10. We will be testing from Late November to December 22nd.
During this time we would like you to test and validate your use in the new version of Cherwell. The test environment has been loaded with production data prior to mid September 2020. Email notifications to technologists and agents will deliver only to admins. If you initiate an email to a customer using the email option under the File Menu and in the Journals section, make sure to remove the customers email address from the TO: field to avoid sending the customer an email.
A key feature of Cherwell is that all of the workflows and customization that we have made are above the code layer and therefore upgrades do not break existing functionality.
While this has been our experience, we would like you to test your use of Cherwell.
Testing Cherwell Version 10
We would like you test Cherwell and use it the way you normally use the tool and report your experience by emailing email@example.com.
- Create Incidents, Changes, Problems
- Run Dashboards, Searches, OneSteps, Reports
Note: Cherwell Test is running in our test environment and is not running on the full server environment as our production environment, speeds may be impacted. Data was last refreshed in mid-September and will not contain up to date incident information.
Access to Cherwell Version 10There are several ways to test Cherwell version 10. You can use either the web client or the installed client (windows only).
Customer Portal: https://test.wiscit.wisc.edu/CherwellPortal
Installed Client (you can only install one version of Cherwell at a time)
- Use the a Dev session of the Remote Desktop Service.
- For more information (including how to request access) on the Remote Desktop Service, see UW-Madison Remote Desktop Service - Overview.
- Access the Remote Desktop Service via https://remotedesktop.doit.wisc.edu and choose "Dev Desktop Session".
- Install the new version on a VM you own.
- Install the new version on your primary or test machine. (NOTE: once you have completed your testing, it will be necessary to reinstall version 9.6.3)
- Link to install Version 10: https://uwmadison.box.com/s/6bflfgwp0ppblq5ye1yrvqt7v6sp5ylk
- Link to reinstall Current Production Version 9.6.3: https://wiscit.wisc.edu/cherwellautodeploy