The Canvas rich content editor is the tool used whenever creating new content in Canvas. It consists of a text window and a panel of buttons used to modify the content entered. You can find the Rich Content editor in many places in Canvas, including pages, assignments, and discussions.
In November 2020, Canvas introduced a new Rich Content Editor as an option for people creating content in Canvas.
Exploring New Rich Content Editor
- Please refer to this Canvas Basics Guide for a breakdown of the new rich content editor. Additionally, this guide covers several common ways to modify text.
- If you’d prefer a video breakdown of the new Rich Content Editor, you may find it on this Canvas guide.
- For a similar breakdown of the outgoing RCE, check out this guide on Canvas Community.
Enabling new RCE
If you’d like to test the New RCE prior to January 16th, you may enable it on a course-by-course basis.
- On your Canvas course, navigate to Settings
- From Settings, click the Feature Options tab.
- On Feature Options, scroll down to RCE Enhancements and click the switch to enable it.
- The new Rich Content Editor has been enabled.