UW-Madison Box - Recommended Browsers and Operating Systems
This document outlines the browser requirements for accessing UW-Madison Box.
Box officially discontinued support for Internet Explorer 8 on December 31, 2015. Box will also be officially discontinuing support for Internet Explorer 9 and 10 on September 26, 2016.
Support is being discontinued by Box because Microsoft will cease releasing updates for these browsers after the respective dates above. If you are currently using IE 9 or 10, please upgrade your browser to IE 11, or use an alternative browser to access Box after September 26.
In general, Box supports the current and prior major releases of the following web browsers and desktop/mobile Operating System (OS) versions on a rolling basis.
The following browsers are fully supported for use with Box:
- Chrome (latest two versions)
- Firefox (latest two versions)
- Safari (latest two versions made available for OS X 10.10 and 10.11)
- Internet Explorer 10 and 11
Additional Notes for Internet Explorer
- Box Notes only works in IE10 and 11, and will not work in earlier versions of IE.
- File and folder uploading on IE8 and IE9 requires Adobe Flash (drag and drop uploading not supported).
- IE8 only allows the upload of files under 2GB in size, and IE 9/10 only allows the upload of files under 4GB in size.
- IE6 and IE 7 are strictly unsupported.
- Desktop: Windows 7, 8, and 10, and the two latest versions of OS X.
- Mobile: The two latest versions of iOS and Android. Box also supports versions of Android released in the last three years.
Your browser must be configured to accept cookies in order to access Box. For more information on managing cookies as well as links to instructions for enabling them on individual browsers, see: Web Browsers - Cookies FAQ.
Additional information on Box software requirements can be found here: https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/articles/200519838